Abbeyfield has the potential to be the highest quality urban extension anywhere in the UK and will deliver:
- The New Link Road.
- The ongoing supply of new homes to meet local demand and housing need.
- Reduced Flood Risk.
- Excellent access to the town centre through walking, cycling and buses.
- Sports, Leisure and Recreational Facilities, especially within the River Avon Corridor, including 2 miles of unbroken riverside park connecting to the. train station.
- Easy reach of schools, colleges, leisure centres, shops, health facilities and a railway station.
- New integrated business premises and job opportunities.
Abbeyfield is the most logical and sustainable place to meet North Wiltshire and Chippenham’s essential population and housing growth. With the support and encouragement of Wiltshire Council, Abbeyfield could also include the following: